LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making labview .vi file to exe file

Yes, It seems that version 7.0 which i am using doesn't have Build application utility.

Thanks

Rudresh

India

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,438 Views)

Hi

Does anyone use Lab VIEW 7.0 Professional edition?

I have a VI which need to be converted to .EXE format.

I request your support. 

Regards

Rudresh 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,385 Views)
I don't think that's allowed within the license agreement for LabVIEW and the App Builder.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,357 Views)

Are you a National Instruments employee?  You have the blue bars next to your username.  Then you would have some internal resources to do what you want.

If you are not an NI employee, why do you have blue bars?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,353 Views)

Ravens Fan wrote:

Are you a National Instruments employee?  You have the blue bars next to your username. 

I wondered the same thing, and thought I'd provide a "subtle" response. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,348 Views)

I think the filter that assigns the blue/yellow isn't all that smart and if 'ni' is part of the email address, it assumes an NI employee.

I'm also not sure what the concern is about someone building an app for him. He's just asking for someone to create the exe from a VI that he has. Does that violate any part of the license agreement?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,344 Views)

Dennis Knutson wrote:

I think the filter that assigns the blue/yellow isn't all that smart and if 'ni' is part of the email address, it assumes an NI employee.

I'm also not sure what the concern is about someone building an app for him. He's just asking for someone to create the exe from a VI that he has. Does that violate any part of the license agreement?

I wouldn't be able to do it because I only have a version back to 7.1.  An NI person should weigh in on the licensing issue.  While it is possible that make an .exe for someone else would violate some clause of the agreement, I don't see why it should.  Anyone who has the professional development system is allowed to create executables and distribute them.  This would be the same thing, just that someone else had generated the source code and not you.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,331 Views)
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I only have 7.1 as well.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,327 Views)

Hi Dennis and all,

Thanks for your responses and sorry for my delayed one. I was out of office for some time.

I am not aware how that blue bar exists next to my ID. Even, I don't know it is meant for NI employees.

Anyway, If my query leads to NI license violation then it is better not to convert it to exe format.

I am happy with my VI.

Thanks again.

Rudresh

India

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,264 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
I don't think that's allowed within the license agreement for LabVIEW and the App Builder.

Its an interesting question here. Why do you think that this action will break license agreement?

For example, if I will prepare small application where I will alow to call user VI via reference, and then will publish it here as open source together with executable, so any user will be able just to copy own VIs on the target machine (with or without BD), and then start it with this helper under LabVIEW Run-Time without LabVIEW Development environment - will be this allowed within the license agreement or not? What do you think?

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,255 Views)