From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making .exe

I have made a vi containing report generation toolkit for microsoft office vis.....Please let me know how do I made an .exe file which can run in microsoft office 2003 from that in details........

I am attaching my vi also..............

-Sudipta Sengupta.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,170 Views)

In order to create an executable, you require the Application Builder. This is part of the Professional Development system and can be purchased as separate toolkit for the smaller LV development systems (Full, Base).

Norbert

EDIT: If you already have the AppBuilder, you interface with it by configuration in a LV Project (lvproj) in the Project Explorer.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,164 Views)

I have tried that....but it did not work in .exe file i.e. I cannot open an excel file by that .exe file.....but it is working fine in .vi....please let me know in details how do I make this..........

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,139 Views)

What errors do you get in that EXE?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,127 Views)

I donot get any error message.......It is running well in vi but it is not working in.exe file.I have includated the nirgt.llb to the .exe file....but it is not working.......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,103 Views)

Define "not working."

Does the VI run?  Does it maintain some functionality or is everything broken?  Are you running it on your development system or on another system?

It's very difficult to help you when we're guessing most of what the issue is.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,095 Views)

How does your project file look like?

Please attach your project file. That is the .lvproj file.

Also how much are your copying to the new PC?

There is a data folder next to your .exe file that your need to copy with the exe file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,085 Views)

Borrowing Jeff's Magic 8-ball, I'm going with "the user has no error handling in his executable so he has no idea that his executable doesn't know the hardocoded path to his Excel file has changed".

Please consult your LabVIEW Help --> Fundamentals --> Building and Distributing Applications.  It tells you everything you need to know about building applications - and how to avoid problems like this.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,081 Views)

While I suspect this is a little advanced for you, there are debugging techniques that can run the EXE, but allow you to see the source as it runs.  This is very helpful for debugging a program that behaves differently from source to EXE and I'm surprised how many developers don't know about this useful tool.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvhowto/debug_apps_dlls/

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,062 Views)