LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make the installer for my executable run the DAqcarddriver and runtime engine installer automatically

*Hi

I would like to know how to make the installer for my executable run the DAqcarddriver and runtime engine installer automatically
I would like to include run time engine and the drivers of  my daqcard(AI16XE50),( and maybe Ni daq or anything else needed?) in order to make my application portable for other computers on OS win98 and winXP .

How can I do that

thank you in advance

Olivier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,250 Views)
Olivier,

What version of LabVIEW are you using to build your application?  On a remote computer you should only need the drivers you are using and the Run-Time Engine.  You can attach installers to LabVIEW 8 installers, but for previous versions you will have to add it by opening the installer configuration page, configuring your installer and then configure the Advanced properties.  This will allow you to attach a EXE to the installer which you can run.  Also depending on the version of LabVIEW will affect the OS version that you will be able to install the RTE on.  LabVIEW 7.0 is the last version that can be installed on Windows 98. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please include the version of LabVIEW you are using.  Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,234 Views)
HI
I'm actually using Labview 8 and I do already know how to include LRTEngine and trad daq 741 in my application but I actually have question
there 's no way to make an application build by labview 8 on a win98 remote computer?
because the options in installer allows you only to choose between windows2000 and windowsNT, and I asked the question in another forum but I don't have any answer yet and what you said confirm that I 'll not be able to build an installer for my application on a win98 remote computer

thank you in advance

Olivier
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,215 Views)
Oliver,

LabVIEW 8 only allows you to select between 2000 and XP since those are the two operating systems that the run-time engine supports.  I would check the following page out which shows the RTE version and the associated OS.  So you are correct, LabVIEW 8 does not support applications for Windows 98. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,204 Views)