cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make pop up window

Solved!
Go to solution

A couple more things to add to make the pop-up complete:  

-I cannot seem to find a way to trigger the event programmatically for the pop-up to work in the same way (i.e. in your example putting a comparison (=) on the iteration count and constant 500 to set the boolean "call pop-up" to true.  Since the event is labeled value change I would expect that on the value change from false to true it would engage the event.  I am guessing that the event handler only handles UI events?

-Also I can not figure out a way to close the subVI programatically.  For example, the subVI may have an "OK" button letting the program know the operator has seen the screen which should then close the subVI but not the mainVI.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,615 Views)

Thank you NitzZ for this information. I've been looking it all over different forums. This is exactly what I needed. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,473 Views)

@Trinity:

On your first point: you can programatically trigger the value change event by writing to the "Value(signalling)" property of a property node referencing to the boolean control.

On your second point: the subVI will close when it has completed its iteration. You should study the one-, two- and three-button dialog VIs available under Programming > Dialog and User Interface (on the block diagram VI palette).

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(3,470 Views)

Hi JarleEkanger, I currently facing the same problem on how to trigger value change.. 

Can you show the connection that you previously means "..by writing to the "Value(signalling)" property of a property node referencing to the boolean control.."

thank you so much.. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(3,158 Views)

I found this example. And I have a question.

Is there a way to for a pop up window to always be on top.

So even if the user clicks on the bottom window the pop up window will still be on top?

At least until the pop up window is stopped.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,901 Views)

Look in the Windows appearance settings of the subV under VI properties.  Set it to Floating.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,882 Views)

hey nitzz,

need your help,i want to create a vi to write data to an existing table in database..it is something like adding up new item in the database table.Can you help me in that ,,please.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,830 Views)
paril,

Please don't hijack a completely unrelated thread. Start a new one with some details of what you have tried. Attach some code that shows your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(2,814 Views)

sorry

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(2,796 Views)
To create pop ups with various options and clicking on any of the options it should perfrom some task so can anyone help in doing this. I tried using subvi but due to case structure it is not happening can anyone tell me some other alternative or a solution to this.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(2,698 Views)