cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major error with event structure

Solved!
Go to solution

HenrikDueholm wrote:

Problem occured when working at home after leaving the event dialouge box on my secondary monitor at work (only have one monitor at home).

I'll fix the issue by deleting the line in the .ini file.

It's EditEventsDlgSize=189,1969,775,2749 for me.

OK, that make sense as one possible source of the problem. I have no idea how the original poster got the negative coordinates into the ini file. 😮

There still has to be another mechanism.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,418 Views)

I've actually had some issues today with VIs that wouldn't show themselves as well.

I had worked with them on the secondary monitor and they could remember their last position... so I couldn't see them in any way.

I could bring them to my primary monitor using:

WindowsKey-Shift-LeftArrow (windows 7 hotkey).

Using Left/Right arrow on the original issue might also work. I'm not sure though. It might not work on dialogue windows. I've already fixed the event issue on my computer so someone else will have to test if it works.

Also assuming that 0, 0, 0, 0 is defined by the primary monitor negative values might be obtained by not having the primary monitor placed in the top left position?

EDIT: I tried using WindowsKey-Shift-RightArrow to hide the event dialouge box, and then left to show it again. It works! So there's no reason to go to .ini file again to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,408 Views)

@HenrikDueholm wrote:

I've actually had some issues today with VIs that wouldn't show themselves as well.

I had worked with them on the secondary monitor and they could remember their last position... so I couldn't see them in any way.

They usually in up in the bottom right corner in that scenario.  If you look closely, barely grabbable with the mouse.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,394 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

They usually in up in the bottom right corner in that scenario.  If you look closely, barely grabbable with the mouse.

I've tried that before. That wasn't the case here. If that had been the case maximizing the window with hotkeys would have worked. Instead they were maximized on the monitor that wasn't connected.

All in all this issue might be quite complicated. It is tied to windows in some way. LabVIEW (or something else) somehow convinces the computer that a pseudo secondary monitor is connected (I don't think it is shown in 'Screen resolution').

How I know this is that the windows-shift-arrow commands dont work when you have only one monitor connected... untill you run into something that 'uses' the secondary monitor. Then you can suddenly make windows 'vanish' using the hotkeys. Also i could move my mouse into the non existant area and it wasn't just stuck on the right side of my screen.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,367 Views)

What happens if you r-click taskbar and select Cascade windows? It's not a fix, but might be a workaround.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,357 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

What happens if you r-click taskbar and select Cascade windows? It's not a fix, but might be a workaround.

/Y

Good idea. I might try that next time this happens to me.

Also the windows-shift-arrow hotkeys is a working work-around. The existence of workarounds has downgraded this from a major error to an inconvenience, at least for me. Still NI should probably look into it.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,350 Views)

Just developed this issue myself.

Cascading windows did not work.

Deleted the line in labview.ini and worked from there.

Message 27 of 30
(1,298 Views)

It happened to me as well.

LabView 2013 SP 1

EditEventsDlgSize=538,-1292,1124,-512

Luckily for me, it was a quick fix thanked to you guys! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,197 Views)

I also meet the same issue in my LV2013.0f2(32-Bit) and fortunately, I see your post here and either delete labView.ini or replace it with a oldder one does work; Smiley Happy

I had always guess it is due to display issue, the pop-up editor should be there, because I can here beeper once LabView hung up there;

(Windows focus is stuck on that invisiable Event Structure editor panel)

BTW; either disconnect 2nd monitor or change resolution is useless. Even uninstall and reinstall LaBView cannot fix this.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,059 Views)

I've had this issue as well today. Found out about the LabVIEW.ini-Key by myself and tried to fix the LTRB-quadruple with success. Now I found this thread only by knowing about the proper name of the ini-key.

For all those who run into this and had to kill LabVIEW to start over: Just press ESC and you can work LabVIEW again. This keypress closes the INVISIBLE dialog and lets LabVIEW run normally again. Just thought I add this piece of information on the subject.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(994 Views)