LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac labview / windows labview

i have a application made in labview 8.6  windows   

But now we have a new comp     mac pr0   2x 2.26       16 gb        8 core

now we wanted to run our app from windows in a labview for mac osx  (snow leopard)  

But i open to project and make a mac version from it         but several vi  renamed  because max  osx   does not work with it i guess

how can i solve this that i can use the code  ?

meaby there is a program that convert the whole thing?

or must it be re written    ?

wich is lot of work i think

any one? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,264 Views)

You would not need to rewrite the whole application. The most likely reason for the renaming is that the filenames used characters which are allowed on a Windows machine, but not on a Mac OS. In this particular case you can simply rename the files, and replace where they get used. When you open the parent VI(s) that would use those renamed VIs it would not be able to find them, but you can simply point them to the renamed VI.

Note: If the code used Windows-specific technology, like ActiveX or .NET, then that's a different situation. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,260 Views)

If i only know what to choose

sample it looks for DAQMC create channel (a1-voltage-basic).vi       DAQmx (analog 1d  Wfm NCgan1 Samp).vi     ConsumeBefore,vi         Clear Task .vi     DAQMx Read.vi    DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi      

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,248 Views)
My understanding is that the DAQmx drivers aren't available on the Mac.  You would have to convert them to DAQmx Base.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,234 Views)
and i have no idea  how to do that where is used and how to relink them
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,225 Views)
The driver is here. The functions have different names so you cannot simply relink. You have ro right click on the DAQmx functions and select replace. Not all of the features of DAQmx are implemented in DAQmx Base.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,221 Views)

Hello Cees,

Dennis is completely right, you will need to reprogram your application with the DAQmx base code; but it depends on you hardware, see the readme file.

For example:

NI USB-6008/9, USB-6008/9 OEM  *Supported in NI-DAQmx Base Task Configuration Utility  *Analog Input    -Digital start triggering    -Multi-channel, multi-sample read (scaled)    -Multi-channel, single sample read (scaled)  *Analog Output    -Multi-channel, multi-sample write (scaled)    -Multi-channel, single-sample write (scaled)  *Counter Input    -Simple event counting (falling edge only)  *Digital I/O    -Line input    -Port input    -Port output    -Line output

Regards,

Casper

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,198 Views)

Hi Cees,

I am in the same situation. Just bought Mac and looking what to do with old LV software.

LV for Mac is very limited in accessing NI hardware. As a rule of thumb I will say that only USB devices are accessible.

DAQmx is not and will be not available for Mac. There are also no toolkits for Mac (shame NI!). RT and cRIO are not supported!

I would suggest installing Windows on the second Mac partition (in SL there is the tool called Bootcamp that will help you do it).

Installation is simple. Just say how you would like to divide the existing disk, put any Win install CD into the drive and make a "normal" Win instalaltion. I have currently installed Win7 and it works pretty well with LV 2009 (32 and 64 bit as well).

From Win the Mac partition is fully accessible if you install MacDrive8 software (shareware ~50USD) and Mac can access Win/NTFS partition using OpenSource (freeware) driver. You will then have a fully functional Windows machine with LV and could still use Mac for normal work. Unfortunately as a standard Apple supports only cross reading data between WIN/MAC partitions.

Personally I have created another Mac partition for LV programs and data. I have also installed LV for MAC for some simpler programs not using HW.

Hope it helps

jmaczak

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,080 Views)