LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvm problem

Hello 

i have problem with my measurement file lvm. I save my measurement's in one sample in file and i choose "one header per segment" in segment headers and empty time column. My problem is this that i don't know how to read my vaules becouse X_Value is same in every file but diffrent is in X0 value.  i copy all measurement to one file. Can i do something with this or i must do new measurement's 

my app and measurement file is annex 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,486 Views)

There are many things wrong woth your dataflow, and your file issues are probably only a small part. As a first step, all your (read) local variables need to be inside the loop where they are used, else they only get read once and never again.

The code seems extremely chopped up. Why do you have so many asynchronous loops? The xy graph should only update if new data is available, and not as fast as the computer allows. Same for the file IO loop. Since that loop can never complete, the outer loop does not do anything useful.

Could you define what the program is supposed to do? I think all you need is one or two while loops and none to very few local variables.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,473 Views)

It's my first program in Labview to my engineering thesis. I choose theme " analysis heat  in synchronous motor with using labview.

My university have labview with daq card. I want to make program which will make  measurement and save measurement  in every two minutes.  XY graph is not used in this program i forget to remove it. If i will take my local variables to my saving loop it will work ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,443 Views)

At the moment your program requires work. I don't think it is ready. I recommend to start wth a few tutorials and also look at the examples and design templates that ship with LabVIEW.

You say that you want to save every 2 minutes. Do you want to save all data accumulated during these two minutes or just take a single snapshot. Note that even though you are dealing with dynamic data, you reduce it to a single scalar number by wiring a numeric indicator and then taking local variables of it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,433 Views)

Dear Poznań,

as had said, you need to think a little about what the application is meant to accomplish. When do exactly the functions need to execute? How do they inteact with one another?

There are some great tutorials to get you started here. You can also find many example programs in your LabVIEW distribution to get you started.

If you have a more particular question please let me know.

Kind regards: 

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,345 Views)