LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.lvlib, .chm and .mnu linking

Hello,

I'm developing a labview library (.lvlib) to distribute to my clients. My library follows the next structure:

- MyLibrary.lvlib

- myLibrary.mnu

- MySubLibrary1.lvlib

- MySublibrary1.mnu

- VI1a.vi

- VI1b.vi

- MySubLibrary2.lvlib

- MySublibrary2.mnu

- VI2a.vi

- VI2b.vi

Where myLibrary.mnu has all MySublibraryX.mnu linked inside

For now, if I generate a source distribution of my library and, from Tools->Advanced->Edit palette set->Insert subpalette->Link to a palette file in a project library, myLibrary and all my sublibraries are added to the functions palette as I like.

The problem I'm having is that I've also generated (using microsoft help workshop) a .chm file to distribute myLibrary documentation and I'm not sure how to link it to the library. What I've done is print all my VIs documentation as a rich text format and then, using microsoft word, edited (to add some format since if I directly generate HTML from labview the format is pretty lame (for my taste)) and save it as an HTML. Using this HTMLs and the help workshop I've created the MyLibrary.chm.

In each VI properties->documentation->help tag, I've put the name of the HTML file that contains the documentation for that VI.

What I've tried is to add this .chm file into Labview2011/help but when I use one of the VIs of the library, if I right click to them in the block diagram, the help option is disabled (the context help works just fine). This .chm file is not part of the .lvlib and I'm not sure if it should be.

I'd like to know how this should be done and also if there's a way to generate an installator that add my builded library to the user labview functions palette and that puts the .chm to a directory where labview is able to use.

I hope I have explained myself correctly. Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,330 Views)

Hi,

You have did correctly.

You just check the '*.CHM' file is having valid path name.

Try to link with existing LabVIEW help file with 'Absolute Path' and then 'Relative path'

Next with your custom help file.

Here, I want to mention that, check your CHM file for all the information. Help file should work with/ without help tagging.

See the attached image.

Regards,

Yogesh Redemptor

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,291 Views)