LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvanlys.dll issue with Transition Measurements vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using this 'Transition Measurement vi' for a while and had no issues. But now I suddently have the issue of this vi, Transition Measurement, giving me an error of -20310. I made sure that input to that vi, wfm in and dt, have proper input. The problem occured when the vi called to this dll, lvanlys.dll. Following are what I found;

• 'lvanlys.dll' resides in c:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource, and it is pointing to the right path in vi (Yes, I'm using LabVIEW 2009)
  • interesting thing is that when I find this dll using window search, it couldn't find the dll in this path, instead it searched the one I used in different project in different path (again, for this project i am pointing the right path of dll - C:\Program Files\National Inst...........)
  • I tried to change the path of this dll and pointing to that path from vi, but NO success and gave the same problem
  • I don't think this is the loading of DLL issue, I was able to load this using different path where dll resides (at least I didn't see LabVIEW's complaints)

What am I missing here? I do appreciate for all your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,341 Views)

So you are saying you have two versions of that dll on your computer? What are the two exact locations?

Could it be you are already running an application that loads a different version in memory before you start LabVIEW?

Can you attach the VI containing your test data in the controls (make current values default before saving) or in diagram constants so we can try to reproduce.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,330 Views)

I've tried to delete other two locations where this dll resides and didn't make a difference. It kept giving me an error. My other test block has "Pulse Measurements.vi" using the same dll (lvanlys.dll) and run without errors.

1. am i having a loading issue? (but LabVIEW didn't complaint)
  2. how do I make sure LabVIEW pull the right dll?

Please see attached that gave me the issue. Again, all input arrays are fine unitl going into this "Transition Measurements.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,284 Views)

Have you tried to repair the LabVIEW installation?

(on a side note, is there a reason you are autoidenxing on the output tunnel to the "Waveform Graph 2", this creates at least another 3 copies of your dataset in memory, even though all traces are identical.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SpineTester

"Wavefrm Graph 2" is only meant for my trouble-shooting purpose, and I'm removing it after all done. But I do agree with you on that.

I ended up re-installing LabVIEW and the problem went away. I am still furstrated the fact that I still don't know what went wrong and the root cause of the issue was, and how did that re-installing the LabVIEW resolved the issue. However, I do appreciate your help indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,264 Views)