From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvalmark.sys and nitiork.dll caused Blue Screen sometime

Hi Everyone

I am a Labview programmer, debugging Labview 2011 programmes on a WinXP 32bit system.

I recently ecountered this weird situation, that is, Labview system component causes computer crash when I was debugging the code, mostly when I was changing stuff in Block Panel.

By analysing the dump file of windows, I got the following informations. 

MODULE_NAME: nitiork

FAULTING_MODULE: 804d7000 nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d8a0ff6

READ_ADDRESS: b10300d4

CURRENT_IRQL: 1b

FAULTING_IP:
nitiork+6e6b
ac93ee6b ?? ???

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 00000000 to 805446f0

STACK_TEXT:
ba4d3b1c 00000000 b10300d4 0000001b 00000000 nt+0x6d6f0

STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nitiork+6e6b
ac93ee6b ?? ???

SYMBOL_NAME: nitiork+6e6b

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: nitiork.dll

I am realy grateful if someone can tell me what to do to avoid crashes happening again, because bluescreen crash on a lab measurement computer is really annoying!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,098 Views)

HI,

i did some research and found some similar cases. The solution sounds simple and I hope it works for you. Just install the latest DAQmx Driver and reboot your Computer.

NI-DAQmx 9.9

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.9/4707/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,065 Views)

To add to Gregors reply: You are aware of the fact, that Microsoft stopped any support on Windows XP?

Therefore, i recommend you to update your Windows as no vendor will support their products on Windows XP anymore as well (that means: if you find bug, it will not be addressed if the product running on a newer OS version doesn't show the bug).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 3
(2,060 Views)