LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loop size changing

Hi,

I'm new in labview. Does anyone know how can I increase the size of the loop?When I double-click on the loop to enlarge it as like we do with other windows, I don't see any change on the loop?and also how can I move the icons in the block-diagram window?

Labview version:7.1

windows XP

Daqmx 8.9

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,545 Views)

Hi vahi,

don't you think taking the FREE online beginner courses would do you good?

Basic stuff like selecting BD elements, moving selected elements and also changing the size of selected elements should be learned at first…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,530 Views)
When did the auto tool selection become part of LabVIEW? Version 7.1 is absolutely ancient but not do old that you wouldn't have the Tools palette and be able at least manually select the correct one. Double clicking does nothing in other Windows either so that statement makes no sense.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,518 Views)

Things like "Crtl+M" toggles between Edit Mode and Run mode, behavior of read only vi files, Crtl+Drag makes space on the sub diagram, and tool section are covered in the getting started exercizes.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,508 Views)

When I watch the tutorial video, the first thing which it says is "View/Tools Palette"...But I don't have "View" tab in LV7.1....Furthermore, when I search "Tool Palette"...No result!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,490 Views)

Shift+Right-click worked even in 7.1  There should be a getting started with LabVIEW guide at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\manuals\LV_Getting_Started.pdf  and one called LV_Quick_Referance.pdf.  Print that last one and tape it to your wall.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,482 Views)

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

It was so helpful

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,479 Views)

thinking.......

no "View" Menu or "No Menu Bar"

Ctrl+I opens the vi property dialog.  Check "Protection" and unlock the vi.  Window Appearance select customize and check the Window has menu bar box.  Niether is likely to be covered in the GSG.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,472 Views)

If you take any tutorial made recently I'm guessing you are going to find several functions that don't exist in 7.1.  Don't get me wrong the basics are the same, but you might get hung up on trying to find some equivalant function in 7.1 that has been made native in last 10+ years.  In any case here is some tutorials you could try.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

If you are just learning I'd reocommend getting the student version free for 6 months here.  I think the full student version with no time limit is only $20 from studica anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,386 Views)
I would guess. (8-Ball guessing is somewhat reliable) the OP was stuffed in a cube and told "Anyone can program in LabVIEW"

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,360 Views)