From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for LV drivers for polytec

I am looking for LabVIEW drivers for a polytec scanning laser vibrometer system. The system includes a laser vibrometer (OFV 3001) and a scanning head (OFV 056). The interface is GPIB.

I have googled this site and many others looking for these, but nothing seems to be available (not even through the company). I figured a long shot would be someone out there having this system and some homegrown labview vi's to control it.

Thanks,

TJ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,562 Views)
While we're waiting to see if anyone has any homegrown LabVIEW drivers, could you tell us what kind of software came with your devices? Do you have any DLLs or anything that we might be able to call in LabVIEW? Please let us know!

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,550 Views)
I don't have any software or drivers for this device at all. Taking another look, I should clarify that the interface to the OFV-056 is not GPIB, but some custom proprietary(?) connection that I do not recognize. That connection is to a PSV-Z-040-A which is a hardware controller for the scanner (and that has a GPIB interface). The PSV has simple motion buttons (i.e., 4 arrow keys to step in X & Y directions) and it is that functionality that I want to access programmatically with LV.

Polytec has software (that does not come with the $20+k equipment) to run the scanner, laser vibrometer, and do a whole bunch of fancy stuff ... stuff that I don't need, and am not willing to pay $70k for, when all I really need is a monkey to touch a front panel button every N seconds.

I've already found an alternative at Newport/Spectra Physics, where I can get a better (more angular range) scanning system with LV drivers for $5k-6k, however, I'd hate to see this $20k scanning head that my supervisor purchased (before I arrived) go to waste. I have also heard about NI motion control stuff, but don't know anything about that. If anyone has some advice I'm listening ... I suppose this is subject for another thread though.

TJ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,542 Views)