LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, Is there a way with labview to connect to a secure site, such as an ibank or online trading?  Where I'm going with this is I want to be able to get some html data which is only available after login.  Does this make sense? 
Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,703 Views)
Hi Sniepsy,

It is possible to do this in LabVIEW, in fact here's another discussion forum post that covers this application in detail.  Auto-login to websites

Have a great day,

Ecleamus Ricks, Jr.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,691 Views)
Hi thanks for your reply, I have worked through the auto login discussion but I'm finding secure sites to be more difficult.  The form doesn't have a name, and an empty string doesn't work. So I cant get text to be written into the username and password section, which do have identifiers.  Secondly does the method  'submit'  execute  an 'enter' command or does it need to match the  type which the website is expecting. Eg 'password' type in the password section.  This is the address of the site I am trying to enter https://www.national.com.au/cgi-bin/nolt/nolt_1.pl  I have also attached my attempted code.  I'm an idiot, so when you read this and think 'he's an idiot' there is no need to let me know.   Thanks for your help.

Wes
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,674 Views)
Wes,

You're on the right track but the way around a form without a name is using the form index instead of the form name.  Since there's only 1 form on the page you can just pass in "0" for the form index and that's all you need.  I've attached a modified version of the code from the other thread talked about earlier that should help you out.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,661 Views)