From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock cluster CONTENT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Im new in the forum and I have this problem:

I have a cluster of (for example 4 elements). When I am in developing mode (not in a run-mode), I want to keep the cluster content unchanged. This means when I drag other object in the front panel on top of my cluster, this new object not to become part of the cluster.

Is it possible? 

Thanks a lot,

Mariya 

PS I need this, because I in my vi I have 2 clusters and their elements must be placed on the front panel not together but distributed over it. So my clusters are placed  one on top of the other and they occupy the whole front panel. When I need to make changes, I move one of the clusters away and apply the changes. But when I drag it back to the initial place it becomes part of the other cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mariya.trichkova@cern.ch

Hi mariya,

don't drag, move them!

Use the arrow keys to move those objects in front of your cluster - not the mouse to drag them!

In case the objects are behind your cluster: in the VI menu line you will find a button to change the Z order of FP objects…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,578 Views)

There are several possibilities:

- Use (Shift+) arrow keys to move the clusters instead of the mouse

- make the clusters type defs

- use a tab control and place each cluster on a page, then just switch tab instead of moving the clusters

Message 3 of 5
(2,577 Views)

Please note that placing elements in a way they overlap each other is not recommended.

There is only one use case: Toggling visibility in order to modify visual appearance during runtime in dependence of some user settings.

That being said, a type definition of your clusters will also protect the content.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,572 Views)

Thanks to all of you for the quick answer!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,503 Views)