LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading Solid works VRML file

I want to load solid works VRML file and want to manipulate position, rotation and various properties of the object.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,450 Views)

vitualworld,

I've added some links below that should help you find your way.

Load VRML File VI - LabVIEW 2010 Help
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvpict/load_vrml/

Procedure for creating VRML output file from CAD geometry in SolidWorks - Developer Zone
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4723

Using the 3D Picture Control - LabVIEW 2010 Help
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvconcepts/3d_pic_control/

Best Regards,

Chris LS

National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,423 Views)

Hey thanks a lot for reply

Can you please tell me what is ERROR OUT and SCENE : READ SCENE FILE

I dont know where to connect those ??? I couldnt file proper explaination of this on Internet.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,401 Views)

Error Out contains error information in case that particular VI runs into error.

Scene: Read Scene FIle is a reference to the image object that you loaded. You can use that reference to add the object to another object or change its properties.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,389 Views)

@vitualworld wrote:

Hey thanks a lot for reply

Can you please tell me what is ERROR OUT ..

It seems you are new to LabVIEW.  I would recommend going through the tutorials, to learn about dataflow, and error handling.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,383 Views)

@Andy C. wrote:

Error Out contains error information in case that particular VI runs into error.

Scene: Read Scene FIle is a reference to the image object that you loaded. You can use that reference to add the object to another object or change its properties.

Old joke time!

A guy flies into Seattle for a meeting arrving late. He hires a helicopter to bypass traffic. Thick fog makes it hard to find the building so pilot slowly lower helicopter until they can see an office building. The pilot seeing person in the window yells to them "Where am I?" too which the person in the building replied "In a helicopter." The pilot took the helicopter up over a couple of block and delivered the guy at the right building ahead of the scheduled meeting time. He was impressed and asked the pilot "How did you know where you were based on the answer you got?" The pilot replied.

"The answer was completely correct but totally useless so I figured I had to be next to the Microsoft building."

Done with old joke.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 9
(3,379 Views)

I saw the question answered, but I figured, teach a man to fish... etc.

good joke, though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,372 Views)

@Britoa wrote:

I saw the question answered, but I figured, teach a man to fish... etc.

good joke, though.

Sorry I should have quoted to make it clear which post inspired the joke. I agree with teaching to fish but answer the question "what is a fish hook?" by saying "it is a bent wire often shaped like the letter "j" that may or may not have a barbed tip." really does not teach them more than what they can figure out by just looking.

Smiley Tongue

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,358 Views)

Chris

I created Solidworks file and saved just the way it is mentioned in 2nd link ....I am also follwing your VI for How to Rotate a .wrl File in LabVIEW

....but dont know somehow I still get an error and could not import my file....however I can still import your NI.wrl and play with it. I am attaching my wrl file...Please have a look and reply

Also is there any way I can be in direct contact with you via phone or mail at least

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.

more reply back.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,233 Views)