LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load/save options

These two attached individual VIs seem to work on their own, but not when I place them in the main VI.
I cannot seem to find any major error.
Also, is it possible that I can set the instruments with configured settings (loaded from a file)? Do I have to create additional button to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,899 Views)

You have a major problem with them as subVIs since you have not way to pass data from the main to them. None of the controls on your subVIs are wired to the connector pane. Aside from using something like global variables, that's the only way to pass data. You can greatly simplify your subVI by setting it up for only one instrument and not using a loop. Instead, make the session something that you pass. I've attached a modified write and main that shows what I mean.

I don't know what you mean by setting the instruments with configured settings. You already have a state and a button to do this.

Message 2 of 10
(2,889 Views)
1. I was trying to do the similar thing for read (load event) and could not bring it as a subVI. (plz see the attached).
how can I readily create a subVI? (Edit/Creat SubVI?)

BTW, how can I display plot on the 'xtalk plot' tab?

2. superposition of 1 to N number of xtalk graphs on the same plot
  For example, if N=4 (4 aggressors are enabled), then the VI will disable 8133s and turn on increment of each enabled agressor.
Another word, display xtalk plot with (1 aggr, 2, 3, 4 aggrs enabled). Theoretically, more instruments are enabled, the value would increase.
 ***Is this a good idea to turn off enabled instruments to measure and display several xtalk values in a single plot?
     (I am not sure how this is done normally for this type of test.)

3.  What should be done to export/save all 'N' plots in a text file (after all test are completed)?

I really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,864 Views)

1. To learn how to create a subVI, go to the on-line help and enter connector panes as the topic. Read it and click all of the links (especially the 'connector pane' one). You need to assign terminals.

You can put any graph you want on any tab simply by placing it there. You already have a graph on the Xtalk Plot tab so I don't understand what you're asking.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking. could you explain a little more. You also havne't included any of the subVIs and they would help me understand what you are trying to do.

3. There are numerous file write options. Look at the Waveform>File I/O palette and the File I/O palette.

Message 4 of 10
(2,834 Views)

1. I was able to create one for the 'load' event and it seems like it is working...I just hope it would set the instruments correctly. (plz see the attached)

2. Maybe I was not clear with my explanation of the problem. Please see the attached word file to see if that will be a better explanation of my intended goals. (subVIs will be attached on another reply)

3. How can I display "%xtalk vs. #aggressor?"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,812 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,811 Views)
Let me expain the correct way to save an application with all necessary subVIs. Go to Save with Options and choose Development Distribution. This will create an llb. The llb (LabVIEW library) will have the main VI and all subVIs in the hierarchy.

What are the parameters for your other plot? An XY graph would probably be what you want.
Message 7 of 10
(2,797 Views)

1. I just want to show those subVIs that are integral to xtalk calculation.

2. It is shown on the words doc...

X-axis: # of enabled (activated) aggressors. Y-axis:(%) xtalk value with each number of aggressor(s) enabled (activated).

this one looks a little tricky how to show after the initial waveform graph display.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,781 Views)
If you were to accumulate each waveform in a shift register and use a build array in the True case, your output waveform would be an array of all plots. It seems that for each instrument, you now get a new graph and the old data is overwritten. See if the modification in the attached VI helps.
Message 9 of 10
(2,781 Views)

Thanks for your response.

I just have a couple of concerns....

1. whether the waveforms will be accumulated for those aggressors that are enabled only.

(e.g. with 3 enabled, waveforms with 1-aggressor, 2-aggressors, 3-aggressors..I will have to try this out to find out what happens)

2. whether the load and save events can set the instruments correctly with desired parameters....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,764 Views)