LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load error code 9: VI version (8.2) is newer than the LabVIEW version (8.2b23).

I am getting the error...

VI version is later than the current LabVIEW version.  An error occurred loading VI 'CleanupCallback.vi'.  LabVIEW load error code 9: VI version (8.2) is newer than the LabVIEW version (8.2b23).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,902 Views)
This is true.  the 'b' indicates that it is a beta version of labview 8 (.2 in this case).  I am surprised your beta version is still working.  You need to upgrade to 8.2 or have the vi downgraded to 8.0

Paul
Message 2 of 16
(5,903 Views)
You have an illegal copy of LabVIEWSmiley Mad. A legitimate beta copy of LabVIEW would have expired a long time ago.
Message 3 of 16
(5,892 Views)

I have got the error. How do I downgrade the VI to 8.0 version? Initially this VI is created using 8.0 however, i tried to open it with 8.2. ever since, the error apppeared.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,603 Views)

Please do not insert images into Word documents and then upload the Word documents. Contrary to what Microsoft may want, not everyone has Microsoft Office. You can upload images directly. Just make sure they're PNG, as those are small, as opposed to bloated BMP files.

When you opened it in 8.2 you saved it, therefore it converted it to 8.2. To downconvert it you need to open it with 8.2, and then select File -> Save for Previous Version.

Message 5 of 16
(5,574 Views)

thanks for your help!

i tried. but failed. by saving for previous version, does it save as a new VI? or does it overwrite the same old one?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,547 Views)

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\LabVIEW Targets\FPGA\RIO\nirioDownload.vi
    Cannot save VI from a toolkit to a previous version of LabVIEW.

this is what stated in the warning. Help..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,540 Views)

No, you cannot save toolkits to a previous version. If the VI you are converting is not part of a toolkit, you should be okay - it's just a WARNING after all.

You would still need the correct version of the toolkit for the older version, however.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,520 Views)

thanks!

but, does it mean that the library VI can be upgraded to a new version, but cannot be downconvert to previous version?

the solution is to re-intsall the library VI?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,511 Views)
If you have a legal copy of 8.0, you can upgrade to a legal copy of 8.2. If you had a legal copy of the toolkit and tried to upgrade it to the illegal copy of 8.2b23, then you should probably remove all of your illegal versions and reinstall whatever legal versions you do have.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,503 Views)