cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load cell

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using NI 9219 with Honeywell Load Cell model 11. The problem is the excitation voltage for 9219 is 2.7V while the calibrated excitation voltage for the load cell is 5V. When I connected both device, I still get the output from Labview but how can I calibrate the load cell?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rahairi

Load cells work on a principle of millivolts per Volt.  You shouldn't need to calibrate the load cell just because you are using a different excitation voltage.  You just need to use the mV/V value provided with the load cell's calibration certificate in the scaling setup of the load cell channel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,603 Views)

Thanks. I'm just realized the unit is mV/V in the calibration data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,591 Views)
Hi, Sorry if might look stupid (i know it is...). On the calibration certificate of the load cell there are several values for several point + the "best match" in mV/V. When you enter in the calibration mode, it is required to enter 2 points (mV/V and N for both) which values is is best to enter? The extremes ones or some which are close to the range of what you expect to measure? Then another one... (i may as well since i am a real novice trying to learn). Is there an "AutoZero" option somehow somewhere or do i have to remove the offest by calculation? Thanks for you time!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,477 Views)