From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load application setting on startup

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to load some parameters from ini file on application startup = click on exe file and load setting on FormCreate event in classic RAD software.

How can I do this in Labview?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,733 Views)

You should look in to LabVIEW's configuration VIs. These load/save/update ini files.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,717 Views)

Beat me to it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,715 Views)

My question is not about how to read from ini file, but equal event for Labview to OnCreateForm event in normal Rapid Application Development software (Lazarus, Delphi, Qt Creator, Visual Studio) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,697 Views)

I guess there's no "automatic" way like that.  You have to just read in the file first thing.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mig-31

When the executable is first run, you just read in the ini file. No event needed.

Edit: To clarify, LabVIEW code runs like a flowchart, so at the beginning of your application's "flowchart" you put your ReadFromConfig code. 

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,682 Views)

Thanks. I understand.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,672 Views)