LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

llb version

In the application builder it is possible to set the version number of an llb, but I can't find a way to access this version number programatically. Is it possible? 

(3,107 Views)

You can use the fileVersionInfo.llb located in the labview\vi.lib\Platform directory to retrieve the version information of a stand-alone application or shared library programmatically. The VI is not available on the Functions palette.

Edit: I tried this on an llb and it threw an error.

I've used the FileVersionInfo .NET call before to get executable versions, but I don't think it works on an LLB. Here's a link to someone using that.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,103 Views)

I had the same problem. I think this version thing is an artifact from other types of build possible in the applicaiton builder, and does not apply to llbs (though it does apply to packed libraries and executables, which do have version numbers. I was hoping llbs had version numbers, as I am using them to deploy tests in a plug-in architecture. It would help to validate test sequences when new test versions are deployed.

As a workaround, if the llb is build from a lvlib, the version of the library can be used to set the version of the llb (I add this to te filename in a post-build action). The library version can probably be set/incremented in a pre-build action to force an increment anytime a new llb is saved. I'll play around with this idea.

(3,088 Views)

Yeah, it seems like your workaround is the only way to do it at the moment.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,074 Views)