LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

little problem with event case

Hi all, just an easy question for you 🙂

i have a problem...i'm making a VI that change in multiple excel files ; with ,

I have a little problem...i have to push more times the button that executes this process 😞 why? if i put highlight exec. it works, it works also if i put a breakpoint in the middle of the 2 for loops (but they're not in parallel)

could you help me please?

i'm using labview 2009 

PS: could you tell me also in which way i can close all the VI and labview platform stopping my VI by button in an exe file? 🙂 

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,435 Views)

The issue that you are observing is likely due to your controls' block diagram terminals being outside of the Event Structure.  They are being read first, then the Event Structure begins its wait for you to press a button.  When you press "GO!" it executes its diagram, but its input tunnels contain the old values (for instance, the first time, they are empty paths).

What you could do is place the control terminals inside the relevant diagram so the latest values get read and used.

Also, you do not need the Wait Until Next ms Multiple - you can use the Event Structure's built-in wait / timeout only.

As for closing out of the application instance in a built executable, there should be a function "Quit LabVIEW" on the Programming -> Application Control palette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,419 Views)

Quit LabVIEW" on the Programming -> Application Control palette ---> it works! thanks 🙂

anyway my wait until next ms multiple and all controls are outside the event case...are inside the while loop because i would change them without close and reopen the VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,416 Views)

Sorry for before 🙂 putting controls inside the GO event it works 🙂 many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,410 Views)

VItan wrote:

As for closing out of the application instance in a built executable, there should be a function "Quit LabVIEW" on the Programming -> Application Control palette.

No.  Do not do that.  That function is like hitting the Abort button in the LabVIEW environment.  Close the front panel and the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine will shut down when the code stops executing.  You can close the front panel with an invoke node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,405 Views)