From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of controls and indictors

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

maybe I overlooked something very simple.

I am trying to clean up my overloaded front panel and change it into different tab pages. I have a lot of controls and indicators and property notes to make them visible or not. To make sure I do not forget any in the new front panel, I would like to have a list of all controls and indicators used in my application. One solution would be to creat a new local, go to select item and to write down the complete list, that is shown. Next would be to type all names into an excel sheet in order to make a list which control shall be displayed where and when on the new frontpanel. Is there a better way, i.e. export the list from Labview to a text file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sylvester

Like... how many controls and indicators?

Using tabs is certainly a good idea to help organize your front panel, but if you're using tabs just so you can have hundreds of controls and indicators on your front panel maybe there is something else you could do to improve your code like using more different types of controls (arrays, cluster, etc).

But to answer your question directly, yes there is a way to get the list of all controls on a front panel, like this :

Clipboard01.png

hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 6
(4,439 Views)

Don't forget to traverse...

Example_VI.png

I forgot just a few days ago.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 6
(4,426 Views)

Hadn't thought of that, great idea!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,420 Views)

What's that method you've used in the beginning?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,508 Views)

@sinhaapurva25 wrote:

What's that method you've used in the beginning?

This is an 7-1/2 year old thread.  Who are you asking?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,469 Views)