From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linear discriminant analysis

Hello everyone!

I am new in Labview. I would like to implement a linear discriminant analysis.I wanted to know if anyone can pass me an example of any kind that makes me understand how to get started. Thanks so much.

Francesca 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,378 Views)

Hi francescabeccarisi,

it looks like LDA analysis is implemented in the LabVIEW Machine Learning Toolkit, which you can find here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-19328. If you look at the manual, there is a section on LDA Analysis, so I think that should work.

Cheers,

CorraDIT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,333 Views)

Thanks so much.

I found somethings. Can i ask if you can explain to me what this program does? Calculates the average of what? Thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,292 Views)

Hi,

at the bottom of that page there are comments of users about the toolkit. This is a third party toolkit so it's better for you to ask your questions directly there, it's not an NI toolkit.

Good luck!

CorraDIT

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,284 Views)

If you search the Web for Linear Discriminant Analysis, you can find a number of good discussions that will not only show you how to "do this yourself", but will explain the theory, show you examples, and should help you figure out how to use existing code packages.  At a minimum, it should answer the question "Average of what?".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,269 Views)