LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line

Hi I'm new in LabVIEW. May I know how to draw the picture like this (without  word and number) . is it possible in LabVIEW or need to draw in other apps and store in LabVIEW to display automatically when its needed because this picture will come out when user press the button. Thank you

w.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,880 Views)

You can probably draw all of that with LabVIEW's picture functions

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvconcepts/picture_functions_vis/

Whether or not it is a good idea to do this depends on what you are doing.  I would imagine this would be much easier to just show as a picture and change the visibility depending on whether or not you want this to show up.

If you want to give us more information on what you want to do (Does the user interact with this picture?  Is this the only picture you want to show?) we can give you better suggestions on what would be best for you to do.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,861 Views)

i dont know how to draw arc between two circle. i used picture control toolkits. here i attached the picture.curve.pngcurve1.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,785 Views)

Hi Annie,

instead of drawing circles you should actually draw arcs!

And WTF: there is a function called "Draw Arc"… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,774 Views)

Use Photoshop, Gimp2 or some other graphics program, save the file as a png then in LabView use Edit-> Import Picture to clipboard.Then you can paste that picture as just a picture, or the graphic for a control.

Seems like a lot of work and not much payoff to try and draw that whole picture in LabVIEW. Why not use a program designed to do that alreay?

Message 5 of 8
(2,754 Views)

@StevenD wrote:

Use Photoshop, Gimp2 or some other graphics program, save the file as a png then in LabView use Edit-> Import Picture to clipboard.Then you can paste that picture as just a picture, or the graphic for a control.

Seems like a lot of work and not much payoff to try and draw that whole picture in LabVIEW. Why not use a program designed to do that alreay?

Agreed, depending on what you are trying to do, a lot of time can be saved by editing a few pictures in photoshop and dropping them all in a picture ring instead of messing around with the drawing function.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,744 Views)

Hi thank you for your suggestions. im trying to draw in autocad. but how to make the numeric indicator is different for each picture display in picture ring? or it does similar for each picture? Thank you

N1.pngN2.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,708 Views)

The numeric is a different control, it will stay the same place. You can move it with a property node.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,695 Views)