LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limit event firing frequency with graph scale value change

Solved!
Go to solution

When using the hand tool on an x,y graph, the scale value change event triggers repeatedly, which causes a backup in my state machine queue and a resultant delay in screeen updating.

I would like it to trigger the scale change event only on mouse up. I have a mouse up event as well, which handles other functionality. Is there a way in LV 2012 to handle this situaiton?

(2,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author littlesphaeroid

@littlesphaeroid wrote:

I would like it to trigger the scale change event only on mouse up. I have a mouse up event as well, which handles other functionality. Is there a way in LV 2012 to handle this situaiton?

You could avoid queueing up anything until the mouse up event.  The scale range change event itself would be fired repeatedly but since no action is taken inside this event case it shouldn't create any backup.  Something like this:

WaveformScaleRangeChange.png

WaveformMouseUp.png

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 3
(2,225 Views)

Thanks you. This solution works if there are only a few events, but I have many, and I think I would be forced to wire this whift register through them all... or do I?

I have in situaitons like this used a dummy control to hold the status bolean which can then be read with a local variable.

I appreciate the idea, will implement tomorrow!

(2,195 Views)