LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

library that defines the xnode is broken

I have an application running on a 9074 compact rio.  The application runs properly when I start it from the VI front panel.  However when I compile the VI and deploy it "Run as startup" it won't run.  When I connect to the application to debug it "Operate==> Connect to remote application" I see the "broken arrow" on the front panel.  There error list shows no errors, but if I check "show warnings" in the error list I see several block diagram errors, in the sub VI that connects to the FPGA application.  The errors are all "Open FPGA VI Reference: Library that defines the XNode is broken", "Invoke Method: Library that defines the XNode is broken" etc. 

When I look up this error I get the helpful:  "This error occurs when the library that defines the XNode you used is broken. To correct this error, reconfigure the XNode."

How do I do that??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,352 Views)

Hi PESobol,

I have searched Nis internal resources and have not found too much information on this error. Other people have found that reinstalls of LabVIEW (as well as modules and drivers) solved this issue. What version of LabVIEW are you currently using?

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,311 Views)

I'm using 13.0.1 pro

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,309 Views)

Did doing a clean install fix your issue?

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,289 Views)

No , same behavior.  I did a complete uninstall, reinstall and downloaded and installed the Xilinx additonal configuration tools.  Have the same problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,272 Views)

I see that you have opened up a service request with the AE department. Instead of posting all of the troubleshooting steps both on here as well as through the service request I think the best option is to continue with the support through your service request. I will be working with the AE that was assigned your issue and we will work towards a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,230 Views)

Hi I have exactly the same problem did you solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,428 Views)

Nope.  Now up to labview 2019 and still the same problems trying to compile applications to run on the CRIOs.   And zero response from NI  engineering. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,422 Views)

6 years on and still the same problems, no response from NI engineering either.  Am I still supposed to keep quiet about it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,420 Views)

how did you deal with it? never turn off Crio ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,408 Views)