LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legacy imaq driver

I'm not sure where to put this question, but since LabView is the most popular board I thought that would put it here.

When upgrading to the new Ni Vision acquisition drivers, it becomes necessary to update to a legacy imaq driver.

Not a problem works just fine.

The problem is that I cannot find a link to the most recent version 2.0.5 on the download site.

There are links for 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 (the file names are even imaq1394v200.zip and imaq1394v201.zip), but no link for 2.0.5.

If you search on either of the files listed it goes to the download page, imaq1394v205 indicates nothing found.

To get to 2.0.5 you have to go through the ftp site directly or go to ni.com/info which just provides a direct link to the file on the ftp server.

Could someone at NI please update the search in the driver page to show the 2.0.5 version, also it would be nice to get to it knowing the file name.

Or else is it there and I just cannot find it?

Thanks

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,205 Views)

Hi Jacob,

Our legacy IMAQ IEEE 1394 driver is not available for downloading as a single driver anymore.  It is included in some versions the IMAQdx driver which is part of Vision Acquisition Software(VAS). VAS 8.2.3 includes IMAQdx 3.0.1 which installs "NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 Cameras 2.0.5" this can be found in Readme(IMAQdx_3.0.1) in the linked document below.

NI Vision Acquisition Software 8.2.3 - Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Vista 64-bit
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/357/lang/en

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,187 Views)