cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello DanHarryman

i have downloaded excel 2003,and the code you sent has succesfuly run Thaanks ,but you see what s happening is that every table takes a hole case excel but what shoud be is every number takes a case in excel

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 51
(1,885 Views)

non relevant. I am out.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 51
(1,885 Views)

Blokk ,

You re welcome ,i m trying all the solutions could you please help me find if I have the RGT toolkit because it seems to exist in my laptop as i sent you the screen cupture

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 51
(1,879 Views)

The screenshots you're sending aren't helpful, at all.  The RGT installs with all LV installations.  That doesn't mean you have it.  Searching for folders isn't useful.  It's even less useful to show us an excel spreadsheet with a few cells filled.  What purpose could that possibly have?  You're making it incredibly difficult to help you.  Please, stop that.

If you want to see if you have access to the RGT, open up NI License Manager.  You'll see a tree of products on the left.  Hit the plus sign next to LabVIEW 2015.  Look for where it says Toolkits.  Hit the plus sign next to that.  What color is the box next to Report Generation Toolkit?  If it isn't green, what version of LabVIEW has the green box (base, full, pro, student) ?

With that information, we have a chance to tell if you have access to the RGT to solve your problem easily.  If you don't have access to the RGT, you'll want to either work with CSV files to send data to excel or ActiveX calls if you want to modify an actual excel file.  The second is a bit more complicated but gives you flexibility.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 51
(1,867 Views)

It s Green .How can i use RGT to take my tables to excel?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 51
(1,864 Views)

There are several ways to tell if you have the Report Generation Toolkit.  First, look in your Functions and see what you have under Report Generation -- you should see something like the following, and be able to expand Excel Specific.

RGT Functions.pngExcel Specific.png

Equally definitive, you can open the NI License Manager (search for it under the Start Button) and see if you are licensed for it.  Note that an activated license look bright green, as shown below.

License Manager.png

I see someone explained Snippets to you.  The code that you asked me about was, indeed, a LabVIEW 2015 Snippet that should expand to usable LabVIEW 2015 code (provided you have the requisite functions installed).

However, it is not the code that I thought I clearly described in my earlier post.  I said to search for "Revised Example" in the Forum Search bar.  When I do this, the first hit is called (I'm leaving out the Quotation Marks because the Title has them in it) Revised "Generate Excel Report" Example.  So if the simpler search for Revised Example doesn't find my 15 Jan 2014 post, the longer full title should.

The folders that you posted from what I presume is your C: drive do look like they are the LabVIEW RGT.  If you have installed it and activated the license, you should be Good to Go.  You'll see Function Palette entries like the first two images I posted, and should see an activated License if you open your License Manager.  You should then be able to run the Example I suggested, as well as the other one you found.

Assuming all this works, try using my Example to solve your problem.

Bob Schor

Message 46 of 51
(1,859 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 51
(1,848 Views)

Unfortunately i couldn t adapt the vi that you told me about to my diagram (cluster) coulfd you please help me

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 51
(1,804 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maroua

So where is ExcelTable, the VI that you (apparently) are using to write your data into Excel?

I have a suggestion that should help you a lot with your LabVIEW code -- try to make your Block Diagrams a lot smaller (make them fit onto a single screen).  To do this, you will have to start "modularizing" your code, making sub-VIs that do common tasks and sprinkling them wherever they are needed.  This gets rid of a lot of clutter, a lot of wires, and help you "see the Forest for the Trees".  Don't be afraid to extend this hierarchy to the data -- instead of having 10 or 11 Ecart Type xxx, make a single Cluster (and always make a TypeDef for your Clusters, and use the TypeDef for cluster initialization, bundling, etc).

So in your earlier Indexation, I thought you were creating a single Cluster that had, as its elements, the Columns of your Excel Worksheet, with each element being an array that would constitute the Rows of the Worksheet.  Is that the same thing you are using in current version of Indexation?  [It doesn't seem to be -- you seem to be calling the mysterious ExcelTable with each Array, suggesting you are trying to write a column at a time, instead of an entire Worksheet].

Again, without seeing your code, it is difficult to provide helpful advice.

I presume that ExcelTable has defined Inputs and Outputs, and is considerably smaller than Indexation (how do you manage to find all of the Code and Controls with such a huge VI?  Do you have 4 large monitors driven by a single Video Controller?).  A question would be what do you want to do?  I would suggest that it makes sense to gather all of the data to be written to Excel at one time, perhaps as the Cluster of Arrays that I thought you were using in your earlier code, and pass this to a sub-VI, perhaps with the path and filename for the Excel file you want to create.  Is that what you have done with ExcelTable?  If not, why don't you modify the input to this VI to use something like this, and post what you've tried to do so that I can help you solve your coding problem.

Bob Schor

Message 49 of 51
(1,783 Views)

Ok please how to use  Typedef for a cluster?

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 51
(1,761 Views)