From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

hello, I need to find temperature from certain points in an cylinder through thermocouple. From DAQAssistant I can read temperature for every 1sec and make a wavegraph at a particular point.

Is it possible

1. to save realtime temperature values(T) in Database for every 1sec. ( eg: in table) ??
  2. to take obtained realtime temperature values from that database or table and use it in an function ( eg: x= YZT) and save the calculated value(X) in another database and make a graph. (eg: T vs X).

please find attachemt what i tried and help me out please ... I am new and no help here.. confused

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,804 Views)
Do you actually want to save the data in a database? What sort of database do you want to use (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL, SQLite, MS Access)? The database connectivity toolkit allows you to connect to many different types of databases, insert and query data. There are examples in the LabVIEW example finder (go to Help -> Find Examples and type 'database' in the search tab).

Of course, if you are new to LabVIEW, there are many free tutorials/examples/courses to help you get started.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,797 Views)

excel sheet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,793 Views)

An Excel sheet is not a database. If you want to save the data for Excel, you can either save it as a CSV text file and import that to Excel or use the Report Generation Toolkit to write directly to an Excel file. Again - there are examples for both.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,785 Views)