From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview y Step 7

Estoy usando el Step7 para programar un PLC s7200 para realizar ejemplos modbus rtu usando el puerto seria de mi PC; me ha funcionado perfectamente el step 7 hasta que realicé un ejemplo en labview de comunicacion modbus con el PLC (el ejemplo funcionó perfecto) pues ahora no puedo comunicar el step 7 con el PLC pues me dice "imposible abrir el puerto puede que otro porgrama lo este usando"; no quiero desinstalar Labview; conocen qué ejecutable o archivo es el que esta capturando el puerto?

Tengo instalado Lbview full development system, Real Time y DSC en version de pruebas. 

solo dispongo de un puerto serial en la PC

no dispongo de conversores USB/485  ni el cable USB de siemens

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,291 Views)

Hola RNARIAS!

Puedes intentar lo siguiente: reasignale el controlador correcto (driver) a tu puerto desde el administrador de dispositivos.

Esto es, dirigete a Panel de Control, busca tu dispositivo/puerto, hazle clic derecho, selecciona la opción "update driver" » "Browse my Computer for driver software" » "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" » en este punto, tendrás una lista con los drivers que se le pueden asignar a ese puerto, ahorita debe de estar utilizando un driver de NI, pero debes de poder seleccionar el que utilizaba Step 7 previamente.

Saludos!

>Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,254 Views)
Google translate is saying that your answer is that the low level hardware driver needs to be changed. That's wrong of course so I'm going to have trouble trusting the translator from now on.;)

Only one APPLICATION at a time can access a com port so either run LabVIEW or Step 7.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,241 Views)

"Google translate is saying that your answer is that the low level hardware driver needs to be changed. That's wrong of course so I'm going to have trouble trusting the translator from now on.:smileywink:"

"Only one APPLICATION at a time can access a com port so either run LabVIEW or Step 7."  that's what it should be; but in mi case before run labview the step 7 could program the PLC; and after run labview the port was "captured". what should i do to release the port?

and if is not the labview driver or low level hadware driver  no needs to be changed ¿do you have some idea what is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,213 Views)

Hello RNARIAS, 

I apologies that my last recommendation was not helpful. 

1. Is it an executable LabVIEW application or is it a .vi file running from LabVIEW Development environment?

2. Did you make sure to close the port session reference before finishing execution in the LabVIEW program?

"VISA Close Function"
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvinstio/visa_close/

3. Do you close LabVIEW completely before trying to use the Step 7 software again?

4. If you reboot the computer, does that releases the port?

Regards,

>>Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,207 Views)
hello DANIEL; thanks by your concern 1. Is it an executable LabVIEW application or is it a .vi file running from LabVIEW Development environment? R: actually, i don`t know; i created a project (.lvproj) and therefore a .vi and a .lvlib. 2. Did you make sure to close the port session reference before finishing execution in the LabVIEW program? R: mi project does not use VISA; because is a MODBUS RTU communication with a s7 200 PLC. 3.Do you close LabVIEW completely before trying to use the Step 7 software again? i closed the project then i closed labview. but i think that the capturer could be in one of the others programs that comes with LV, because in the LV folder was installed this subfolders: Real Time, DSC, Datasocket, NI serial (where i think is the problem. i don`t know), opc service 2013 and visa . the thing is, i`m not sure about this so i need some information. am i wrong? 4. If you reboot the computer, does that releases the port? No, it doesn`t.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,195 Views)
Please check the Windows task manager to see what is running. It's irrelevant what folders are there. What's important is running programs. Perhaps the dsc program? Attach an image of the task manager.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,185 Views)

THANKS, I FOUND IT!!, in  LabView task manager was an "unilited1.lvi" folder that was runnig yet, even when closed the app or restarted the PC. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,140 Views)