LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview using more cpu usage during VI editing

Hi,

I have built a program using  LabVIEW 2011 version . In my front panel Tab control there is 13 tab and different tab containing different type of control and indicator like numeric, array, graph, chart, table, gauges, led & radio button etc.. When editing my front panel without running , my labview program beccomes very slow and Its taking 12-15 sec to move any control or indicator from one place to other place on front panel. In task manager labVIEW showing 35% CPU usage during editing.

The whole User interface is created only i have to move the control and indicator from one tab to another tab as per client requirement and its taking too much time to  edit. 

Why my VI getting slow during edite mode?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,281 Views)

Just curious, how big is your VI on disk? And, can you post the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,276 Views)

VI size is 1425KB. Sorry sir I cannt post the VI because there is restriction to post any project related materials to outside.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,255 Views)

Do you have overlapping ojects?

Do you have many objects with large amounts of default data?

Do you have graphs with complicated plots (thick lines, point styles, antialiasing enabled, fill options, etc.)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,241 Views)

Some object names and wire are overlapping. 44 numeric control are set some value as a default and some path contol are set as default. Yes I have 3 Tab for  Graph and chart and each tab containing 2 chart with multiple nos of plot with Anti aliased enable and fill base line selected none.

Also I am facing VI corruption problem.

When I tried to save my vi it shows the popup " LabVIEW:Cannot load Block diagram.  Cannot save VI test.vi" . Thereafter I tried to close the VI and  Labview becomes busy & not responding and shows the popup that "LabVIEW 11.0 Development System is not Responding" and finally my VI file get corrupted. Whenever I tried to open my VI, its shows the Popup "LabVIEW: Resource not found". File size of my VI was 1789 KB and became 912KB. I have attached my all error and popup.

Why my VIs are getting corrupted? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,216 Views)