LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview user interface-creating property nodes automatically

Wonder if following is possible!

I have an array of system ring controls. These ring controls are to be populated with ten values which could be achieved using strings[] property. The values are loaded from the rows of a csv file. If size of rows was fixed and known, I would use for loop and drive case structure using for loop's iteration terminal and use property node on the front panel for each ring control within its position in the array and it would all be fine.

Unfortunately, I am having to work with csv file which is regularly populated and user interface is not to be changed. I have lost my brain cells thinking over it and I do not think it is achievable! Any comments?

ATE and Labview Consultant
https://www.easybodge.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,066 Views)
First, in an array the various ring controls can't have different items in their strings.

Second, on the block diagram an array of rings is just an array of integers and you update it the same way that you would update any array of integers.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,053 Views)

Have you thought about using a cluster of system ring controls instead of an array? Visually, it's nearly indistinguishable from an array and you can individually set the Ring Strings for each cluster element. Operationally, you can use Cluster to Array and have minimal effect on any existing code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,045 Views)

Any advices to achieve similar functionality? What about using combo box. Combo box have similar property strings[]. I am so sorry knowing too little about labview controls!

ATE and Labview Consultant
https://www.easybodge.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,038 Views)
It sounds like the very first thing you need to do is learn more about LabVIEW. Have you gone through all the online tutorials?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,959 Views)