LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview sql query

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi HI...I'm a student doing a project related to labview. My task is to creat a vi, typing a user name and password, to continue the whole VI.

As I'm a newbie to SQL query language, can anyone help me out about that??.. It's not like locking the VI with password

There is a button called user login in my main front panel...when u click it, a popup window will come out asking you a user name and a password. If the user name and the password is correct, then u can proceed. The problem is I'm stuck with database....
Help me out pls!!!

with regards,

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,263 Views)

Hi,

first, do you have the connectivity toolkit ?

Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,253 Views)

Hi Hi...yes I do have it and the attached file is what I did for my case.........now i'm stucking with the connection information...which is adding the "Microsoft Access File" to the VI and create a new VI of it. Sadly, it doesn't work out like I expected. It needs a .udl file and mine is .accdb file....Any idea of it?? Thanks a million

🙂

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryamnod

Hi,

You have two cases :

1) Connecting to database with string (link a string to connection information), and type something like this :
 Driver=SQL Native Client;server=IP.Add.re.ss;UID=userName;PW=****;Database=MyDatabase (it depends on your database)

2) use a UDL file (you can configure it to connect to your database, with specific format). Be sure that connection is successful with test button.

there is an UDL file that you can modify there : C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\examples\database\Labview.udl

Edit :  In the connexion filed, you can set the path of a mdb file, and I think that you can give there the path of your accdb file.

Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,245 Views)