LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview shared variable

Can any body help me in reading analogue shared variable read in LabVIEW 2009 dynamic event structure. I have tried to read the above tag through Tag Reader VI but i have experienced too much delay in first read for real data i.e. Plant data from PLC. when this particular VI executes it take minutes to display the data. if some needs its code i can provide it. Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,463 Views)

Hi SSRaza

Could you upload some code demonstrating the issue?

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,452 Views)
how can i send u these images or the files vi. should i send these to ur email?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,433 Views)

When you reply there is a section for attachments underneath the section for entering the body of your post.

If you browse to your VI, it can be uploaded to the forum here.

Regards,

Peter D

Message 4 of 9
(2,427 Views)
First one is On value Change Event Structure and Second one is Through Read Tag
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,417 Views)

Hi SSRaza

The code here all seems fine.  Just to clarify, were you having delays using the tag approach, and as such are trying to use the dynamic event structure?  Are you getting any error codes?

There's a good example which writes data to the shared variables and then uses the dynamic event structure to read them back.  It's called "DSC Events Demo.lvproj" and you can get there by searching for DSC in the Example Finder.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,407 Views)

You might consider reading each tag individually, as per the advice in the DSC Tag API example.  Try out the modification I've attached.

Does that help?

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,403 Views)
will you please send me these in LabVIEW 2009 version as i have LabVIEW 2009
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,380 Views)

Hi SSRaza

Here it is for LabVIEW 2009