LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview robotics hands-on

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just recently started working on DaNI 1.0 with the LabView Robotics Hands-On document which is available in Robotics 101 Resource Kit.

I am stuck at step 11 of Exercise 2: Introduction to the LabView development Environment.

It says to select Bitfile and navigate to that path. I can am lost and wondering how to get there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,688 Views)

Hey Erwin,

Thanks for this question. When you say you're wondering how to get there, do you mean you've opened up the Configure Open FPGA VI Reference and can't navigate to the bitfile, or you can't get to that pop up at all?

If it's that you can't get the pop up, when you place the 'Open FPGA Reference VI' on the block diagram, click on it and scroll to 'Configure Open FPGA VI Reference', as shown in the picture in the manual, at the bottom of the drop down list.

Then, when the configure pop up has appeared, you'll see 2 options for types of files you can open, one is VI and one is Bitfile. The hands-on has already created the bitfile for you, to save you time and should be in your project, provided you've gone through Excercise 1 and the steps of Excercise 2 thus far. So, if you select the Bitfile option, and then click on the icon with a folder next to it, you can navigate to the folder that contains your project, then your project > 'Starter Kit Roaming', FPGA Bitfiles > Starter Kit Roamin~F0_FPGA Target_Starter Kit FPGA V~B4.lvbitx

When you then click open, this would download the bitfile to your project. 

Hopefully this should work, but if I've not gotten the question right or if you need anything else just let me know and I'll be happy to help. 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ErwinC

Hi Ali,

I am sorry for not making it clear.

My problem is: I cannot locate the bitfile in my project file as stated.

After much searching (I did a complete C:\ drive search), I found a bitfile identical to the said bitfile in the tutorial.

I located the bitfile in this path:

Ntional Instruments > LabVIEW2010 > examples > robotics > Starter Kit > Starter Kit Roaming > FPGA Bitfiles > StarterKitRoamin_FPGATarget_StarterKitFPGAVI_E8A41200.lvbitx.

I am using LabVIEW Robotics 2011 Module.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,636 Views)

Hi,

I'm glad you were able to find the file. Is that all okay with you now? If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,630 Views)

Hi,

Currently I am ok.

Will ask when I meet anymore problems 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,624 Views)
Hi, if someone could tell me, I am not able to locate the bitfile at all, what should I do? I am using Robotics 2016 module and Starter Kit 2.0 Any help would be great.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,430 Views)