LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview receive data from arduino via bluetooth

Hello everyone, I firstly sorry about my english but I will try to describe my problem as clearable as I can. My project is to receive data from the sensor which attach to the Arduino Uno board by analog A0 (INPUT I mean) then passing through labview via bluetooth module (HC05). I spent a week to find an examples and try to do it for a week but still no nothing. I can't receive any data from arduino even it's already paired to my PC. I use both VISA and subVI open connection bluetooth but nothing happens.

Here are my questions

1. Do I need to use LIFA firmware or not, if YES, how can I custom the code inside LIFA_BASE , Is it match to my work ?

2.If I don't need to use LIFA, just similar sending code is OK right? My understanding about LIFA is using to communicate between Labview to arduino (from labview control arduino like blinking LED) and most examples are that kind but my work is ARDUINO TO LABVIEW instead.

3.In labview part, I shall using VISA Serial or INT(from arduino packages) or Bluetooth open connection ? and how to paired it with module.

I hope to get the answer from anyone whom knows and I really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,843 Views)

Hi bomberbert,

I am not extremely familiar with the Arduino Interface, but I am attaching the link below which will lead you to our LabVIEW Arduino Community board. You can post your questions there which will be seen by many people doing similar projects to you (or at least using some of the same hardware). There is also a library of example code on this page.

LabVIEW Arduino Community Link:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-interface-for-arduino

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,781 Views)

I am not very familiar with the HC05 module but I think it would be easier to use a Bluetooth module that appears as a serial port like the Bluefruit EZ Link from Adafruit

Then use VISA serial just like any other serial port as the bluetooth will be transparent once it is paired.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,767 Views)

Thanks for your help this is my first forum and I have no Idea if someone will pay attention to my questions or not but you do.

Thank you so much.

PS. I got more imrovement now ^^

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,741 Views)