LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview on windows c 6.00

i am working on Labview 2014. i need to confirm that does the exe created in labview2014, RUN properly on windows based HMI.??

if yes then is there any specific tool kit required for that??? in that exe i am going to work on serial data transfer.

currently its working on Windows XP/7 properly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)

If the HMI is running Windows, then you shouldn't have any issues other than possible driver issues.  Dealing with serial ports, I doubt you should have those kinds of issues.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,451 Views)

To get your LabVIEW Executable to run on another Windows PC, you'll need to download and install the LabVIEW Run Time Engine for LabVIEW 2014 on the other PC.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,422 Views)

@**bleep**design wrote:

i am working on Labview 2014. i need to confirm that does the exe created in labview2014, RUN properly on windows based HMI.??

if yes then is there any specific tool kit required for that??? in that exe i am going to work on serial data transfer.

currently its working on Windows XP/7 properly.

One caveat though. When you say Windwos HMI do you mean a Windows x86/64 based machine (aka Windows 7, 8, 8.1) or any Windows platform such as Windows Phone and Windows RT?

For standard PCs it will indeed run on Windows machines, if the executable was also created with LabVIEW for Windows. On those other platforms it will definitely not run since they are Windows by name but completely different beasts in reality.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,405 Views)
The subject says Windows c 6.00. I would assume that's a typo and you actually mean Windows CE?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,395 Views)