LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview not able to communicate wit the pickering card 40-575

Hi everyone , 

i am working  with a pickering 40-575 matrix  and labview .  M y problem is that the labview  programm is able to read the pickering card and works properly on windows cp . But when i chaged  to windows 7  , the labview programm  couldnt read/ communicate with the Pickering card . 

( on the Pickering card are 3 resistance , and the labview prog. is supposed to show the graph tension / voltage ) 

Any help is welcome ,

Thanks ! 

habib 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,423 Views)

What error message are you getting?

Sounds to me like a driver/configuration issue - how do you communicate with the pickering card? If it's via serial/RS-232, you will need to install the NI VISA drivers and select the appropriate serial (COM) port for communications.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,396 Views)

It definately sounds like a driver issue.  Which driver are you using?  There are 3 choices with the 40 series cards.

I would recommend you take your questions to Pickering.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(3,387 Views)

'' Overflow MΩ'' is the message that i get from Keithley when the relay is connected .   NI MAX is allready installed on the computer  and it schows that the pickering card  40-575 is normally connected . 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,366 Views)

Which driver are you using for your code?  If you are using the IVI driver, you have more to set up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,355 Views)

The problem is that the labview programm does not find the relay card when  Keithley is on. and i get this message error on keithley's Display : "Overflow MΩ''
However ,When Keithley is off the prog. does find the relay card.
This problem didnt occur when the prog was runnig on Windows Xp  . 

What do you mean which driver for my code ?  the prog  just had been with labview programmed . 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,344 Views)

hi !  

I am using the pickering driver  .  What  are the set up i have to do when i am using IVI driver ?

Regards . 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,078 Views)

Rectification :The communication with pickering card happens through visa and driect IO .

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,051 Views)