LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview manual display problem

i can display auto-display but can't get manual display. im using arduino to control the motor and labview to show the display. solar tracker project. added a snippet so someone can help me trouble shoot! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,702 Views)

And my Visa read get 0.00 value , can't get any value on display manual. only automatic will other value number.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,701 Views)

Hi Zack,

I can't see any "manual display" or "automatic display" in your snippet.

Why do you use "Bytes at Port" when you have enabled the TermChar?

Why is there no wait between VISAWrite and VISARead when you use BytesAtPort?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,689 Views)

hi GerdW, im using a LCD on arduino board. it will only show at my lcd. erm i'm not so sure. im new in labview =(

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,682 Views)

this is those thing im using 😃

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,674 Views)

Hi zack,

you send some commands to your device and try to read it's answers. Check the manual for your device to use the correct commands and settings…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,639 Views)

still can't work. anyone can solve??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,589 Views)
Your image of the hardware fours not help at all. Your image of the code does not show what commands you are sending in the True cases. You have not explained what is in your arduino code that detects s change to manual mode. Your LabVIEW is poorly written with that while loop that just constantly hammers the serial port by sending the same data over and over again.

Since the majority of the problem would appear to be with your sketch, I would recommend doing debug with the arduino development tool and posting to an arduino forum If you have problems. Once you have the serial communication working there, then you implement it in LabVIEW. Rewrite it with a better style. An Event Structure would be better.
Message 8 of 10
(3,555 Views)
Thanks. I will go look at it tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,552 Views)

hey 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,531 Views)