LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview interface structure

Hi,

I wanted to know if in labview is possible to achieve this kind of structure in the front panel, I have a cluster of data, which is too big for fitting into one screen, I must have an overview of it. That cluster of data represents the parameters for a system, and actually it is an array of the cluster because I need to send a lot of these clusters to my system, but my question is, I'm trying to find a structure in the front panel, to have a static part of the cluster at the left side, and maybe two o three tabs (or something like that) in which I split all the information of the cluster (I have about 30 extra numbers in this cluster, that's it doesn't fit in only screen).

I would like to have something like a static part, which tellms maybe the step number and the first parameter of the cluster array, and then divide the data of following data into two or three like-tabs, so they can be shrink and expanded one at the time, but knowing that they are there, like in the picture below.

Thanks if someone cal help me,

Regards,

Alejandro Rodriguez

labview front panel structure.JPGdataCluster.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,296 Views)

Why not a scrollbar. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Treat your UI as something completely different than the underlying cluster. Create a UI using basic controls/indicators to represent the data you need. Then when you need to collect this information for your program pack it into the correct cluster type. Separating the UI from processing allows you to be much more flexible in your UI design. In addition, it helps to separate the processing from the user interface and also allows you to easily change the interface without having to modify the underlying processing code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,257 Views)