LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview front panel

Can anyone say me why my front panel looks bad?

exactly like the image!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,664 Views)

Similar things should be in one place.

Know is playing somewhere, boolean is somewhere. Make it like your controls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,644 Views)

If you say "looks bad", i imagine that you want it to look different. What would that be?

Did you have a "proper" front panel in the past and "suddenly" it changed to something like shown in the screenshot?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,615 Views)

Yes, In my office PC the front panel looks like this screenshot. But in the lab PC the front panel looks like the first screenshot.

The Labview Version is the same in 2 cases Labview 2012

The office PC has win XP 64 bits like OS

The lab PC has Win XP 32 bits like OS

There is any property that I have to change to view the front panel in the lab like in the office?

Thanks.

And regards!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,589 Views)

I would suspect something with the graphics settings on the bad PC.  Check the Windows settings to see what the resolution is and what the color depth is. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,578 Views)

If you make small changes on the lab PC, save that VI and pass it back to the office PC: How does the frontpanel look there?

Are you sure about XP? Is it possible you mean Win7?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,561 Views)

looks like 2 different versions of the same VI to me - knob is in a different place relative to button controls (and button colours are different, but they could just be all pressed in the other state?)

Is the booean actually on the TAB control - or behind it?

the decorations rectangles have been changed/removed on the good VI.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,505 Views)

There arent decoration rectangles, this rectangles appeared without modifications between the office PC version  and the lab PC version, the knob is in other place because I moved, but my intention is to show how the "same" frontpanel has 2 different looks depending on with which PC I have opened the program.

So I need to change any front panel properties to see the frontpanel in the lab like I see in the office PC.

Thanks and regards.  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,453 Views)

Hi RavensFan in the screenshot you can see the resolution and de color depth.

What do you thing about it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,438 Views)

Those setting certainly look good.

Other questions.  What version of LabVIEW are you using?  is this showing up only in a compiled .exe application, or also the development environment?

Occasionally I've see similar things happen before in an .exe I have.  Sometimes just using some of the controls would cause LabVIEW to redraw those controls and things would clear up.  Sometimes shutting down and restarting seemed to fix it.  It always pretty much went away, and I never had an explanation ast to what caused it or what fixed it.  All I know is that the appearance would be similar to having the color depth set at a low number such as 256 colors, even though the screen wasn't.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,391 Views)