LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview dsc

Hi,

Perhaps it's a simple question. But I've just begun using labview...

I have a project in which there a library named mymodbus.lvlib. In the lvlib file I've declared a I/O server (modbus master) with 3 shared variable. Also I've enabled logging for all 3 variable and in the properties of mymodbus.lvlib->DCS Settings : Database, I've enabled  Data Logging and my database path is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\data.

In my development enviroment, my project works well. But, I could'nt make an installer or an executable that run on target PC which has not Labview installed. My question is how should I define the Citadel database and My library that finally works on target PC.

I've attached screenshots of:

•  Project Explorer
  • modbus.lvlib properties
  • vi file

Any help whould be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,264 Views)

@ahmad807 wrote:

Hi,

Perhaps it's a simple question. But I've just begun using labview...

I have a project in which there a library named mymodbus.lvlib. In the lvlib file I've declared a I/O server (modbus master) with 3 shared variable. Also I've enabled logging for all 3 variable and in the properties of mymodbus.lvlib->DCS Settings : Database, I've enabled  Data Logging and my database path is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\data.

In my development enviroment, my project works well. But, I could'nt make an installer or an executable that run on target PC which has not Labview installed. My question is how should I define the Citadel database and My library that finally works on target PC.

I've attached screenshots of:

•  Project Explorer
  • modbus.lvlib properties
  • vi file

Any help whould be appreciated.

Problem during building Installer or making the installer to work in Target PC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,248 Views)

I want an application that runs on target PC. Suppose that my target PC runs a fresh windows and have not labview installed.

Actually my executable file runs on my develoment PC and I do not have problem with it. All I want to know is how to run the application on target PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,245 Views)

Make sure You are Adding all the Tool kit and Third party Drivers and Necessary Library Files along with Additional Installers, While Creating Installer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,226 Views)

If you are building an executable that uses elements from the DSC module, you will also need the LabVIEW DSC Run-Time System Deployment License. Without this license, DSC-related elements of an executable will not work properly.

Daniel V.

Applications Engineer

Message 5 of 6
(3,182 Views)

Adding onto that, the license is per PC so hopefully you're not planning to deploy this to a large number of machines.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,173 Views)