From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview drivers for Zeiss A1 Microscope motorized stage

Hi,

When I hook up the USB cable to computer, I can see the device shown in the device manager (screen shot in the attachment). But I guess what I want is a new serial port like COM 4 in the ports area. Do you know how to make it? I try to install some USB to serial driver like Prolific PL-2303 but it doesn't work. 

I found the motorized stage on our Carl Zeiss microscope is from another company Marzhauser Wetzlar. The information I found on their website said: all controllers communicate via a standard serial COM port interface independent of the controller type.  So getting this serial COM port shown on computer is the first thing I need to do to make the computer communicate with the stage. 

Do you have any idea about this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(803 Views)

It sounds like you may need to contact the manufacturer to verify the means that you are to communicate to this device.  If the motorized stage on the microscope is meant to communicate via serial, is there a serial port on the device?

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(784 Views)

Hi,

There are two ports on our stage. One is a a VGA 15 pin connector (attachment 1) which is connected to the USB/CAN converter then connected to PC through USB. The other 15 pin connector (attachment 2) is used to connect the stage with the electrical coaxial controller. Are these two ports supposed to be serial?

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(779 Views)

Have you seen this Developer Zone article? Did you follow these procedures? Do you know what commands are valid for this motor? What is the motor's model number? 

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(749 Views)