From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview drivers for Zeiss A1 Microscope motorized stage

Hi,

Anyone tried to control the motorized stage of Zeiss Axioobserver A1 using Labview before? We have one in our lab. I am trying to get it work recently. I found NI has labview drivers for Zeiss Z1 and M1 model. The Z1 is the fully motorized version of A1 we have. So I think they should have the same motorized stage. But the Labview stage control drivers for the stage on Zeiss Z1 does not work for our stage. Has anyone done this before? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,335 Views)

Hi WeiVU,

I can't say I have worked with this device before, but are you running into any specific problems?  Do you get error messages when running your program?  Also, any screenshots of your code can help to see what may be going on.

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,318 Views)

Hi Cole,

I found the labview drivers for Zeiss Z1 on NI website. One of the drivers is" Set Absolute Axis Postion.vi". I tried to use this one on our stage. When I run it, for example I set X-axis postion as 100, the program shows the error 

"Error 1073481986 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):
 zeaiz1 Wait.vi
 Instrument settings failed. This means that instrument was not settled to the desired state."

Our stage has a usb hookup with computer. I am not sure where the problem is. I attach the drivers for Zeiss Z1 which contains knids of functionalities. Set Absolute Axis Postion.vi is one of them.

I also put the screenshots of the "Set Absolute Axis Postion.vi" when I run it.

Thank you for help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,309 Views)

What versions of NI VISA and LabVIEW do you have on your computer?  I usually see this error when there are version compatibility problems between LabVIEW and NI VISA.  Check out this link to see if your versions are compatible.

NI-VISA and LabVIEW Version Compatibility

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E7C93038169B6E7686257847004B8B9C

Cole R.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,290 Views)

Hi Cole,

The Labview version I have is 2010. The VISA version I had before is 4.1 so I updated it to 5.1.2. But I still met the same problem. The microscope is connected to the computer via a USB/CAN converter. I put the screen shot of this USB in attachment. When I try to run it from the VISA interactive control, it shows the error:Could not perform operation because of I/O error. (in the attachment)

I can detect this USB from the drvier wizard (see attacment3 ). But when I click next and install the inf files, it shows an error window (see attachment 4). This problem does not happen before I updated the VISA from 4.1 to 5.1.2. I have the inf file generated from the VISA 4.1 version (see attachment 5 and 6). But I can not generate the file from the 5.1.2 version. Will that be a big problem?

Do you have any ideas about this? 

Thank you very much!

Best

Wei

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,259 Views)

These are attachment 4,5 and 6.

I put two inf files in a zip file because inf is not allowed to upload. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,258 Views)

You certainly messed everything up by creating your own inf file with the wizard. Who told you to do this? The original driver you posted is set up for a serial communication link. Whether or not your model's USB connection is also supposed to emulate a serial port is something you should check with the vendor or manual. In any case, you really need to undo everything related to creating your own low level USB RAW driver. It seems you were a lot closer before you did all of the VISA silliness.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,242 Views)

Hi Cole,

I have the VISA USB RAW error (in the attachment). I searched on the forum. Someone is talking about a USB-to-Serial converter and drviver.  Do you know for the labview drivers for Zeiss Z1 microscope on the website ( I aslo attached it), are they based on a serial communication or others? Do I need to buy a converter and creating a serial port in computer?

Thank you!

Best

Wei

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,242 Views)

Hi,

I don't have experience in this before so I just try something. If I want to undo everything related to the USB RAW driver, do I just need to delete these inf files or there is other things need to be done?

Thank you for your advices

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,238 Views)

You can try deleting the inf and pnf (if one was created). Otherwise, you might need to do a restore point.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,235 Views)