From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll

Looks like we had the same problem with calling a DLL in LV.

Mine was related to a string output of the DLL.

Initialise you string output with a string of 412 characters and you're fine.

Strings can be intialised in the following way:

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 05-26-2008 10:58 AM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(402 Views)
Thank you so so so very much sir!!

We had been worrying over this for a week!!

As of now its running fine, without crashing!!

Smiley Happy

Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(397 Views)

MScap wrote: Sir, I have made sure that the strings are defined with a minimum length. The array size is connected to an other input(no of steps). As i said earlier, the vi runs fine, without crashing, when all the input parameters are passed. If i do not pass even one parameter, i should get an error message (of max 412 characters). I get this error message and then LV crashes.

It's extremely hard to understand what you are exactly doing. Not passing parameters seems like a defnitive error to me but I might misunderstand what you are doing. Showing your code both how it works and how you try it when it doesn't work would definitly help a lot. Putting up the actual VI with an example of what you try to do would be best.

MScap wrote: Thank you so so so very much sir!! We had been worrying over this for a week!! As of now its running fine, without crashing!!

Well I see you got it solved. What I told you in my previous post was in fact the same as what Andre told you later on in a different way.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 05-26-2008 12:32 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(393 Views)
Well!

I will not be able to post the actual code.

I tried with empty parameters because, this DLL will be used in VC++ by someone else.

i wanted to make sure that, if the user passes empty paramters, by mistake, the function returns an error. That was the reason, i wanted my vi to run with empty paramters and return the error message.!!

anyways!!

Thank you both of you for spending your time on my problem!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(386 Views)