LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview crashing when calling labview-built dll

Looks like we had the same problem with calling a DLL in LV.

Mine was related to a string output of the DLL.

Initialise you string output with a string of 412 characters and you're fine.

Strings can be intialised in the following way:

Message Edited by andre.buurman@carya on 05-26-2008 10:58 AM
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(403 Views)
Thank you so so so very much sir!!

We had been worrying over this for a week!!

As of now its running fine, without crashing!!

Smiley Happy

Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(398 Views)

MScap wrote: Sir, I have made sure that the strings are defined with a minimum length. The array size is connected to an other input(no of steps). As i said earlier, the vi runs fine, without crashing, when all the input parameters are passed. If i do not pass even one parameter, i should get an error message (of max 412 characters). I get this error message and then LV crashes.

It's extremely hard to understand what you are exactly doing. Not passing parameters seems like a defnitive error to me but I might misunderstand what you are doing. Showing your code both how it works and how you try it when it doesn't work would definitly help a lot. Putting up the actual VI with an example of what you try to do would be best.

MScap wrote: Thank you so so so very much sir!! We had been worrying over this for a week!! As of now its running fine, without crashing!!

Well I see you got it solved. What I told you in my previous post was in fact the same as what Andre told you later on in a different way.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 05-26-2008 12:32 PM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(394 Views)
Well!

I will not be able to post the actual code.

I tried with empty parameters because, this DLL will be used in VC++ by someone else.

i wanted to make sure that, if the user passes empty paramters, by mistake, the function returns an error. That was the reason, i wanted my vi to run with empty paramters and return the error message.!!

anyways!!

Thank you both of you for spending your time on my problem!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(387 Views)