LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview convert 5.0 to 2009. Analog input

I can convert from 5.0 to LabView 6 or 8.  I cannot convert the part from 5.0 Analog Input.  What is the new form?  Is there sample code?

Tahnk you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,363 Views)

Mynamehasalreadybeentaken a écrit :

I can convert from 5.0 to LabView 6 or 8.  I cannot convert the part from 5.0 Analog Input.  What is the new form?  Is there sample code?

Tahnk you

That's because the old NI-DAQ device driver has been replace by the DAQmx driver. You will have to rewrite this portion of the code. For sample code look at the DAQmx Analog Input examples that are installed with the DAQmx driver. In LabVIEW: Help menu, Find Exemples... Hardware Inputs and Outputs, DAQmx, Analog Input.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,356 Views)

The Good News (and it is very good news) is that DAQmx is MUCH easier to use than "traditional DAQ".  There are excellent DAQ tutorials available, including my favorite that you can find by doing a Web search for "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,337 Views)

I am familiar with LabView 9.0.  I know how to read in from certain channels etc.  My problem is I don't know the 5.0 version.  I am not sure how to convert that portion.  I am able to convert from 5.0 to 6.0 or 8.0.  With the 5.0 version I was able to choose which channel I would read from by an icon on the screen.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,243 Views)

You may find this tutorial useful.  It speaks somewhat to the differences between Traditional (Legacy) DAQ and DAQmx.  The down side is it aims to help the user transition away from Legacy code to the DAQmx API.  Your problem is the reverse. You seem to know DAQmx but have no experience with Legacy DAQ.

Count your blessings!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,236 Views)

I recently posted by I call the Traditional DAQ API.  I took an old system's DAQ VIs and removed all of the DLL calls.  So all of the Context Help is there.  It might help you in your transition.

You can find it here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Modifying-old-VI-for-LabVIEW-2015/m-p/3370067#M992248

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,224 Views)

I am looking at Figure 1 and Figure 2 in your tutorial.  Is it possible to explain what each figure and associated icon is for?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,204 Views)

Hello,

If you can recreate the figures within LabVIEW using the numbered steps as a guideline for the naming convention of each icon. 

***Hint: Use the shortcut Ctrl+Space to use quickdrop within LabVIEW to drop each icon/function.

Or if you wan to open up a similar example in Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples...)

Then if you pull up the Context Help window (Ctrl+H in LabVIEW) and hover over any of the icons you will see more information. For even more detailed help on each function you can click into the "detailed help" at the bottom of the Context Help window. This will explain in detail how each icon/function is used.

***Link: Context Help-http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvdialog/context_help_window/

Best,

Spencer | Applications Engineer | NI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,187 Views)

Yes, I know about the hovering over part.  I am asking what are the 2 VIs actually doing?  I am assuming they both do the same thing.  What is their function?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,179 Views)

It's explained in the next line after the pictures:  "performing continuous analog input with an internal clock".  There's not much more to it since you cant see the front panel to know how the controls are set.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,165 Views)