From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview changes indicator size

Hello All,

I am in the middle of developing an application. I have done a UI in one computer with labview 2011. 

Today, i opened the project in another computer, with labview 2011 also, but the size of differents indicators of the UI has changed!

I don´t know the reason because I have been using the second computer with the same project without any problem

Any idea?

Thanks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
<script type="text/javascript" async src="//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js"></script>
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,596 Views)

Typically this is a font size problem.

Different Windows OSes use different font sizes which will cause LabVIEW indicators to resize differently.

Sometimes even different vendor distributions of the same OS will have different font sizes.

(e.g. Some of the Windows 7 computers here use the Smaller fontsize as the default while some have Medium fontsize as the default.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,595 Views)

Other than the font sizes, the other common reason is the use of System Controls.  These try to mimic the OS's settings.

Changing from XP to Windows 7 was the last major change in font size I have seen.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,593 Views)

And there is any solution or I have to do again the UI?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
<script type="text/javascript" async src="//cdn.youracclaim.com/assets/utilities/embed.js"></script>
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,544 Views)

Make sure both computers have the same OS and System fontsize.

Or make sure that the development computer is set to match the target system display settings before building the UI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,530 Views)

And... There's also a font size setting under personal preferences in Windows.

Mike..

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,509 Views)