LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview application continues to run in taskbar even after quit labview

Hi,

My application is supposed to quit labview upon the press of a 'close application' button. But the application continues to run in the task bar and goes away only if task manager is brought up and the app is killed. Why does this happen? my code is quite heavy (7.45MB after installing)and uses lot of front panel controls (more than 300 since its for a batch testing bay)and also uses many synchronisation elements such as notifier, semaphores etc.

What can I do to make the application go away once the quit labview is true?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,960 Views)

Hi,

Using a lot of Notifiers and Queues could lead to this behavior,  if obtained a lot of times. From the LabVIEW help:

"If you use the Obtain Queue function to return a reference to a named queue inside a loop, LabVIEW creates a new reference to the named queue each time the loop iterates. If you use Obtain Queue in a tight loop, LabVIEW slowly increases how much memory it uses because each new reference uses an additional four bytes. These bytes are released automatically when the VI stops running. However, in a long-running application it may appear as if LabVIEW is leaking memory since the memory usage keeps increasing. To prevent this unintended memory allocation, use the Release Queue function in the loop to release the queue reference for each iteration.."

Check/Verify if/that all references to Queues/ Notifiers ... are closed if no longer needed or used in a proper way.

Otherwise LabVIEW will close all the previously opend references in the end, what could take a while.

Regards,

CMW..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,945 Views)