LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 5.1 analog voltage output

Using LABVIEW 5.1 and multi-function DAQ board CB-68LP, how do we make the DAQ board output a voltage to actuate a circuit? What pins do we use and what "vi" will give the correct output to the desired pin? We have been able to monitor input and get a desired output using the National Instruments Test Panel and channels 0 and 1 (pins 21 and 22 and ground pin 55) but we are unable to get a continuous monitoring and output based on the monitoring using LABVIEW itself. In addition, using the test panel, we have been able to get the desired output using the digital i/o.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,346 Views)
The CB-68LP is not a DAQ board. It is a connector block that you cable to the DAQ board in the pc. Determine the model number of the actual DAQ board. There are numerous shipping examples for both Analog In and Analog Out. Have you tried any of those? If you haven't, what functions are you using? Some of the basic AI functions in a while loop should work for continous monitoring. For an analog output, look at the various AO functions.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,340 Views)
The model number of the DAQ is PCI-MIO-16XE-50, I think???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,337 Views)
For the Analog Output blocks we have tried AO Write One Update, Digital I/O Line.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,336 Views)
That should work. There's also the shipping example called Generate 1 Point on 1 Channel that you could try but it's calling the same function. Do you get any errors when you run it? The Write to Digital
Line function is completely different and controls the separate digital I/O port which is different pins on your CB board. When you run this, do you get any errors?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,322 Views)